|Taken in May - This matches my mood today.|
So I've lived on my own for about 5 years now. Over the past few months I've been thinking that actually it might be quite nice to have a flat mate (read - I need to economise).
A conversation with a friend on the subject got my thinking about what qualities I would look for in a potential flat mate... and also what I should tell them - or warn them? - about my living habits.
Soooo. I thought I'd make a list!
Potential flat mate must -
- Read! FHM, Mens Health and The Sport DO NOT count. You much read actual books. Ideally classic literature - I get through books at an alarming rate and I'm always on the look out for a book recommendation. Or if you have a book I can borrow, even better! This makes it sound like I'm a book snob but I'm really not. I read Star by Pamela Anderson and I enjoyed it!
- Be okay with cats. I have a cat. She is white. I will supply lint rollers as and when needed.
- Be able to discourse on politics, sexism, history, feminism, and lots of other things that end in -ism.
- Be able to cope with the fact that sometimes I suffer from insomnia so will be pottering round at all hours. I have also been known to hoover at 4am.
- Not tell me about my odd behaviour. Hey, do you really think that I don't know that eating half a block of cheese out of the wrapper for dinner while stood in-front of the open fridge is weird? I am aware of this thanks!!
- Cook sometimes! I love cooking like but I don't want to have to do it all the time. Or at least procure us some takeout or something.
- Ideally be good at 'man-tasks'. Whether you are male or not. I'm fucking sick of putting my own shelves up. And changing fuses.
- Also be able to cope with the fact I rarely make tea or coffee - I hardly drink them. I also drink juice from the carton. If you drink it after me I'm pretty sure you won't die.
- Have a tv, microwave, toaster, kettle. I have none of these things.
- Drink! The thing I miss most about living with other people is social booze time in the living room.
- Not constantly bitch about your job, the weather, life, how hungover you are. Go post it on facebook yeah? It would drive me to murder/suicide.
Oh I thought of another one! I have genius/insane ideas. I like to share them. If they're insane please talk me down. But if they are genius you have to up for getting involved!
Hmmm. I wonder if I'll actually be able to find a flat mate that could put up with me? Angry night-owl that eats/drinks straight from the fridge... but hey, I cook a damn good risotto.