Friday 14 October 2011

Slutwalk.





So Slutwalk is still going on. I've never seen so many divided opinions over something. Personally I don't want to take back the word 'slut' as a label. I prefer to not label myself. But for me that isn't the point of Slutwalk. 


This is the point.... 


It’s hard to live in a world where those who are meant to serve and protect treat people that way. It’s really hard to live in a world where an off-duty police officer can rape a woman at gunpoint and have his behavior apologized for in the media by reports which cite the fact that he was drunk, since it may (and I quote) “explain certain behavior.” It’s even harder to live in a world where if a woman is drunk and she is raped, as in the case of the acquittal of two police officers for the rape of an East Village woman this summer, she can’t get a fair trial.


Via - http://sarahelspeth.com/blog/


Yeah, the radical notion that no-one deserves to be raped. Radical huh? I guess it's just a shame that the name has stopped some people getting behind it. 



1 comment:

  1. Totally agree, it's a shame people have been put off but the message is so important.

    ReplyDelete